The news on sales of preserved Sakaki “Kiwami (ultimate) Sakaki” used high-grade camellia leaves From Tamba Area
A&K Co., Ltd. (Located in Ashiya-shi, Hyogo Prefecture CEO: Keita Koshiba) produces and sells preserved flower products. We released a new product, "Preserved Sakaki "Kiwami Sakaki" series in April.
Features of preserved Sakaki "Kiwami Sakaki" series
- We only use the shiny and beautiful leaves which are carefully selected from the high-quality preserved Tamba camellia leaves.
- Using the utility model technology (Registration No. 3222297) owned by our company, each leaf is wired to make a beautiful shape as a Sakaki to offer to the household Shinto altar.
- Unlike the properties commonly found in leaves from China, it rarely withers, curls up, and wilts. It can be kept beautiful for more than 3 years if stored in a suitable environment.
Recently, COVID-19 has made it difficult for us to go out as we expected, and the situation with Sakaki on the household Shinto altar has continued to be difficult. Sakaki raw wood lasts only for about 2 weeks even this April. It means you have to go to the shop often which makes you at risk to get infected. Sakaki on the household Shinto altar tends to remain dead.
Also, since most of the household Shinto altar is located in a high place, changing Sakaki and its water is extremely dangerous work, especially for elderly people.
Artificial and preserved Sakaki is on the market as alternatives to Sakaki raw wood, but in the case of artificial Sakaki, many people hesitate to offer it to the household Shinto altar. Therefore, the demand is limited. Also, most of the existing preserved Sakakis is made of simply bundling branches with China leaves. First of all, they vary in shape, and there are many immature points such as withering, leaf curling, and wilting. Because of that, the existing preserved Sakaki has not reached widespread use.
Therefore, we carefully preserved the high-quality camellia leaves from Tamba, which have been preserved in special treatment with chemicals and colorants that are harmless to raw wood, using our own utility model technology. “Kiwami Sakaki” series, which is made by carefully weaving each leaf with wires, is now on sale.
Since we use not artificial leaves but preserved natural leaves, it can be offered without hesitation to the god. Unlike the properties commonly found in leaves from foreign, it rarely withers, curls up, and wilts. It can be kept beautiful for more than 3 years if stored in a suitable environment.
Different from the common Sakaki made of simply bundling branches with China leaves, we carefully selected only the shiny and beautiful high-quality Tamba camellia leaves and weave each leaf with wires to make a beautiful shape as a Sakaki to offer to the household Shinto altar.
It costs about 15,000 to 20,000 yen if you purchase it every time Sakaki withered and keep it for a year. However, it costs only a few thousand yen if you purchase this product once, so it saves cost, labor, and time.
This product would reduce the risk of accidents especially for elderly people when changing Sakaki and its water. Consider this a wonderful gift for your aged parents.
5 types are available according to the size and amount of leaves
“Kiwami Sakaki” series
*All products are open price (Sold on a website and in shingu/butsugu shops)
1. SS size (a pair): for the Sakaki stand in less than 9cm
2. S size (a pair): for the Sakaki stand in less than 9cm
3. S size with more leaves (a pair): for the Sakaki stand in less than 9cm
4. M size (a pair): for the Sakaki stand in more than 10.5cm
5. M size with more leaves (a pair): for the Sakaki stand in more than 10.5cm
Please contact us
A&K Co., Ltd.
2-14 Narihira-cho, Ashiya-shi, Hyogo 659-0068 Japan